Claus Von Wobeser - Incorporation by Reference
A little over fifty years of existence, concerning which celebration of this writing, the Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral held at the City of New York on June 10, 1958.
Claus von Wobeser, La incorporación por Referencia, en Pauta No. 58 (México Enero 2009),pp. 30-42.
- I. Introduction
- II. The Arbitration Agreement
- III. The Incorporation by Reference
- IV. Conclusions
Luis Burgueño - The New Organic Structure of the Public Corporation
Recent amendments to the Stock Exchange Act (Ley del Mercado de Valores) substantially modify the corporate governance regime and corporate bodies structure of publicly traded corporations, re-distributing the corporation's management, direction, control and oversight functions.
Luis Burgueño , Patrick Meshoulam , Luis Alberto Pérez - Mexico Takes Two Major Steps Towards Telecommunications Convergence
With the recently enacted amendments to the Federal Radio and Television Law and the Federal Telecommunications Law, as well as with the Resolution on Convergence of fixed local telephony and restricted television and audio services, two paramount steps towards telecommunication services convergence, Mexico strives to locate it self in the telecommunications world spotlight. Nevertheless, several anti-competitive implications must be addressed prior to consider said goal accomplished.
Citation: Luis Burgueño, Luis Alberto Pérez and Patrick Meshoulam, Mexico Takes Two Major Steps towards Telecommunications Convergence, first published in Antitrust Review of the Americas 2007, Global Competition Review (2007).
Claus Von Wobeser - Techniques to control the time and costs in arbitration
Statistics provided by the International Court of Arbitration of the CCI, based in CCI cases in which a final award was issued in 2003 and 2004 indicate that, in CCI arbitration proceedings.
Citation: Claus von Wobeser (Revisor Final), Cecilia Flores Rueda y Carlos J. McCadden M. (Traductores): Técnicas para controlar el tiempo y los costos en el arbitraje. Un reporte de la Comisión de Arbitraje de la CCI. Publicado en Pauta No. 54 (Octubre 2007) pp. 67-83.
Marco Tulio Venegas - Cases and practice situations in construction arbitration (Part One)
The issue has been developed considering a major infrastructure project, considering the model used for public works in Mexico.
- Letter from the President
- The settlement of disputes in the agreement between the governments of Mexico and the United Kingdom of Great Britain for the promotion and reciprocal protection of investments
- Introduction to Dispute Boards
- Other mechanisms for settling disputes in construction projects
- Final Report on Arbitration in the Construction Industry Arbitration Commission JRC International
- Final Report on Construction Industry Arbitrations
- Techniques to control the time and costs in the arbitration proceedings
- Techniques to control the time and costs in arbitration. A report of the Committee on Arbitration of the CCI
- Cases and practical situations in arbitrations concerning construction (Part One)
- Cases and practical situations in arbitrations concerning construction (Part Two)
Luis Burgueño - E-Commerce and the Law of Digital Signatures
This chapter presents Mexico’s legal regime on electronic contracting and signatures, as has been established pursuant to the 2000 E-Commerce Decree and the 2003 E-Signatures Decree, and the manner in which the provisions of the UNCITRAL E-Commerce and E-Signatures Model Laws have been implemented. Also, bearing in mind the current works of the UNCITRAL Working Group IV (Electronic Commerce) on a Draft Convention on the Use of Electronic Communications in International Contracts (the “Draft Convention”), this Chapter also refers to some of the most significant differences between Mexican Law on e-contracts and e-signatures and the Draft Convention.